Dinner, Entrees, Ethnic, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 8 ounces Cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups Shredded lettuce
- 2 ounces Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Pita pocket breads (6" in diameter)
- 1 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Med. chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Taco sauce
- 1 Firm med. avocado, peeled & chopped
In a bowl, combine chicken, lettuce, and cheese.
Cut pita bread in half.
Spoon 1/4 of mixture into each half of bread.
Wrap in foil.
Mix sauce ingredients in small bowl.
When ready to serve, place 2 tablespoons of mixture over chicken filling on sandwich.
About This Recipe
This sandwich is all the flavors of a taco in a soft pita sandwich. This high protein meal is easy to make ahead and reheat.