Slow Cooker Island Beef
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds Beef top round steak, fat trimmed
- 2 large Onions, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (20 ounce) can Unsweetened pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup Low-sodium beef broth
- 5 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper
Drain pineapple chunks, saving juice in a separate container.
Cut bell peppers into 1-inch chunks.
Cut beef into thin strips.
Add to 3 1/2 – 4 quart slow cooker.
Add onions, pineapple juice, broth, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, brown sugar, cornstarch and shoyu.
Cover and cook on low for 6 1/2- 7 hours or until the beef is just tender.
Increase the heat setting to high.
Stir in the bell peppers.
Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Stir in pineapple chunks and serve.
About This Recipe
This sweet and spicy slow cooker dish will take you to warm and tropical places. You won't miss the salt in this dish.