Based on 2 ounces (dry) servings per recipe.
- 2 cups Cracked wheat
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup Raw wheat germ
- 1/2 cup Soy grits
- 1/2 cup Wheat bran
- 1 cup Coarse cornmeal
- Use 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt for each cup of grain.
- Bring salted water to boil and pour cereal in slowly.
- Cook and stir for a minute or two, then cover and cook over very low heat (double boiler is ideal) for 20-25 minutes.
- Milk may be used instead of water.
About This Recipe
Porridge is a blend of several high fiber grains in a warm and creamy breakfast cereal.