Peach Bruschetta with Luscious Lemon Whipped Cream
Appetizers, Desserts, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 canned peach halves, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 thin slices rustic or artisan bread
- Combine whipping cream, sugar, and lemon zest and whip with an electric mixer or wire whisk until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium pan.
- Add peaches and cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Spread sliced bread with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- Toast in the oven on broil or over a hot grill.
- Top toasts with peaches with whipped cream and serve immediately.
About This Recipe
Is this recipe a dessert or an appetizer? These fresh flavors are so good they might be the whole meal.