Ride bike, walk or run and support a cause close to our hearts
Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney disease. At Northwest Kidney Centers, 40 percent of our patients experience chronic kidney failure because of diabetes. Raising awareness of the cause of diabetes, and how to prevent it, is an important part of our mission.
Northwest Kidney Centers supports this year’s event as the signature sponsor to enable the American Diabetes Association to expand its diabetes education programs to specific communities with high rates of health disparities.
When: Saturday, May 5, 2018 (start times depend on the route you choose)
Where: Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery 14111 NE 145th St. Woodinville, WA 98072
To join Team NKC:
- Open a web browser (Recommend Chrome or Firefox; not Internet Explorer) and go to www.diabetes.org/seattletourdecure.
- Click Register and then click Join A Team. Next, choose to register or log in.
- In Step 1, Get Started: Enter “Team NKC” in the Team Name box. Don’t enter anything in the dropdown menu. Click Search for a Team—Team NKC will appear in the search results. Click the Join Team option.
- In Step 2, Select Options, choose your registration category and type “NKC2018” (capital letters, no space) in the Enter discount code box. This discount code ensures that you will not be billed for registration. Below in Step 2, enter $200 in the My goal box. This amount is the minimum the website accepts, but you do not need to do any fundraising for the event or to donate yourself.
- Click Next Step and follow directions to complete registration.
After registering, you will receive automated emails from the American Diabetes Association; there is no need to respond to these emails. As a member of Team NKC you do not need to fundraise or contribute.
If you have questions about registering, or want to volunteer for the event, please contact Syrenka Slettebak, manager of community programs and health outreach, at 206-720-8540.