Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 3-4 large parsnips
- 3-4 large potatoes (russets are best)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 n' 1/2 or yogurt
- Peel parsnips. If really large, cut out woody core, if small, they are fine.
- Put in microwave proof dish and microwave 10-12 minutes, until done.
- Meanwhile, put potatoes, cut in half, into pot and boil, takes about 10-15 minutes to be fork tender.
- Drain well.
- Saute sage leaves in butter, 1-2 minutes.
- Put potatoes and parsnips in mixing bowl, whip with electric mixer or mash with potato masher, stirring in sage butter and sour cream or half and half.
About This Recipe
Parsnips and potato pair to make this creamy side dish.