Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 3 pounds kohlrabies
- 1 pound celeriac
- 1/2 pound potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 quarts Low Salt homemade chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- To Taste ground pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- Peel and chunk kohlrabies, celeriac, and potatoes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and cook the onions until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and 2 quarts of broth, bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Place some of the vegetables and broth into a blender and puree until completely smooth; repeat until all the vegetables and broth are combined.
- Return to the heat; add the cream, salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg.
- Thin with additional broth if desired.
About This Recipe
It is worth looking for these unusual vegetables to make this warm and creamy soup.