Irish Baked Potato Soup
Dinner, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2 large potatoes (russetts work best)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees until tender or microwave til done.
- Let cool, and cut lengthwise and scoop out pulp.
- Place flour in large sauce pan, and gradually add milk, stirring until well blended.
- Add potato pulp and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, stirring frequently.
- Add cheese, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
About This Recipe
This soup is baked potato comfort in a bowl. It's warm, creamy and lower in sodium than canned soup.