Fast Roast Chicken with Lemon & Herbs
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 3 ounce servings per recipe.
- 1 (4-5 pound) Whole chicken, fresh or thawed
- 1 small Lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chopped fresh herbs(sage, thyme, etc)
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Mix the butter, herbs and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Place the herbed butter inside the body cavity of the chicken, along with the lemon slices.
- Rub the olive oil over the skin of the bird.
- Roast for 15 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Drain the buttery juices and slices of lemon and pour over chicken.
- Let chicken rest for 20 minutes before carving.
About This Recipe
Roast this chicken on Sunday and have several high protein meals throughout the week.