Desserts, Holidays, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 48 servings per recipe.
- 32 ounces Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 (1 ounce) squares Unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Walnuts
- Line bottom of 9×13” pan with aluminum foil.
- Spray with non-stick spray.
- Toss chocolate, baking soda and salt in top of double boiler till well mixed.
- Stir in condensed milk & vanilla.
- Put over double boiler pan with at least 2 cups boiling water.
- Stir with spatula 2-4 minutes, until chocolate is ALMOST melted. A few small pieces should remain.
- Remove pan from heat and continue to stir until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to pan.
- Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Remove fudge from pan.
- Cut fudge into 96 (1 1/4 inch)squares. (Cut 8 rows across and and 12 rows down.)
About This Recipe
Start with this basic fudge recipe and add other ingredients such as nuts, coconut, or pretzel bits.