Chinese Chicken Salad
Dinner, Ethnic, Lunch, Salads, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded and chopped
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar (Splenda)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Take the ramen noodles and smash while still in the packet.
- Open packages and remove the seasoning packets.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add in the dry noodles and sesame seeds.
- Toast until golden brown.
- Mix chicken, cabbage, and green onions in a bowl, then add the ramen noodles and sesame seeds.
- Blend sugar, sesame oil, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Dress the salad with the dressing.
About This Recipe
Economical ramen noodles are the basis for this salad. Ditch the flavor packet and season with your own ingredients. Be sure to use plain rice vinegar not seasoned to make this low in sodium.