Directions to Kent Kidney Center:
25316 74th Ave. S., Suite 101
Kent, WA 98032
Traveling north or south on Interstate 5
Traveling north or south on Highway 167
Bus routes: 914, 916 (Use Metro Transit's Online Trip Planner.)
• The Kent Kidney Center is the 13th dialysis unit of Northwest Kidney Centers. It includes 10 community dialysis stations and seven special care dialysis stations. The facility opened in several stages, beginning Dec. 17, 2008.
• Special care is an outpatient treatment service for dialysis patients who are unstable and fragile, on a temporary or permanent basis, because of complicated physical, medical, psychiatric or cognitive conditions.
• Before the Kent Kidney Center opened, special care patients were treated only at Haviland Kidney Center on First Hill in Seattle. To better serve its most medically fragile patients who live in south King County, Northwest Kidney Centers moved seven of its First Hill special care beds to the new Kent facility, significantly reducing patient travel.
• With the opening of the special care unit at Kent Kidney Center, all of Northwest Kidney Centers’ specialized services are available in South King County. These include isolation and home hemodialysis training (SeaTac), peritoneal dialysis training (multiple sites), and special care (Kent).
• Special care is a community benefit program of Northwest Kidney Centers, which incurs annual unpaid costs of more than $2 million for it. Special care includes a chaplaincy program, referrals for ethics and palliative care consultations, and coordination of care with hospice services.